Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Focus

According to Merriam-Webster, the definition of 'FOCUS'-
fo·cus
ˈfōkəs/
noun
noun: focus; plural noun: foci; plural noun: focuses
  1. 1.
    the center of interest or activity.
    "this generation has made the environment a focus of attention"
    synonyms:center, focal point, central point, center of attention, hub, pivot, nucleus, heart, core, cornerstone, linchpin, cynosure
    "schools are a focus of community life"


I have quieted many of the ever-present voices in my head constantly clamoring for attention. I've even chastised the more aggressive ones (they capitulated, by the way). I have defined my goal, narrowed my creative energies, and called on my muse. I've embraced ideas from supporters, and having absorbed lessons from critics, prepared my tools for battle.

I am now FOCUSED on Jax and Mila-"I Do...Unless I Don't", in tune with them to the exclusion of all others. This wonderful couple now solely commands my attention. When I'm done, hopefully you too will want to focus on them...

In the meantime, please let me hear from you: lindenhughes@gmail.com.

Linden









4 comments:

  1. Patiently waiting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting there, little by little. Please stay tuned!

      Delete
  2. Checking on your progress for your next book "I Do...Unless I Don't." Are you almost done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I am polishing the product (making it pretty!)...so almost done! Thanks for checking!

      Delete